Liverpool Street around 1958
For train buffs, from left to right……. B1 no.61119, built in /Glasgow in 1947, cut up in 1964. In the middle, the Liverpool Street pilot, J69 no.68619, painted in Great Eastern dark blue and kept very clean. It was withdrawn in 1969 and is now preserved at York Railway Museum. On the right, L1 no. 67726, built sometime between 1946 and 1950. Liverpool Street was a hive of activity, especially at summer weekends. We usually caught the 10 o’clock Norwich train to Witham, which was generally packed. During the holiday season, a second train was laid on.